Some yummy ideas:
- 4 oz potato, 2 egg whites plus one egg. Use Pam on the pan.
- ½ C Oatmeal, cooked, plus 1 scoop protein powder, 10 almonds
- Homemade whole wheat toast, 2 egg whites and one egg
- An omelet with 2 whites, one egg and plenty of veggies. If you have this often, sautee a green pepper, mushrooms and green onions ahead and portion them or keep in a container you can scoop from as needed. Sautee in olive oil, not too much of it or you’ll have to count it as your fat. Plus a carb.
- Brown Rice (about ½ C cooked), Chicken or Turkey, 1 C veggies, steamed together
- ½ C beans (black or kidney), 1 C veggies, steamed together with drizzle of coconut oil
- 2 thin slices w.w. bread, cooked chicken or turkey, LOTS of mustard, lettuce & veg’s
- Big salad with cooked meat (hot or cold), ¼ an avocado, picante sauce (check ingredients), and black beans
- Big salad with chopped nuts and grapes, 1 T flax oil or Olive oil & vinegar
- ½ C low-fat cottage cheese, ½ C beans, 5 Ak-mak crackers
- ½ C fat-free yogurt ¼ C frozen berries, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 T ground flaxseed or nuts
- Apple and string cheese
- Bake a turkey breast (If you have a large crock pot, that works well), then portion out the meat (4 oz is a good serving size for me), put it in baggies and freeze it.
- Cook several chicken breasts at once, season them and portion them up. Same with other types of meat. A good portion of beef is 3 ounces, cooked.
- Make a big salad (lettuce, cabbage, carrots, radishes) and keep it available in the fridge. Add more perishable veggies-like cucumbers and tomatoes just before you eat them.
- Wash and cut up your veggies right after you bring them home. Put them in a plastic bag with a folded paper towel inside.
- Cook up brown rice in a crock pot, 2 water to one rice. It takes about two hours, but you’ll never boil over onto the stove! Then package ½-cup portions and freeze or refrigerate.
- Whole grain noodles, just watch the portion size!